Home Heating Safety
Throughout the winter months keeping a home warm is vital for homeowners. During the months of December, January, and February home heating fires are at a higher risk of occurring because of candle fires, electrical issues, and heating equipment. Stay safe and warm with some fire prevention tips below.
- Keep anything that can burn at least three feet away from a heating source such as a fireplace, wood stove, or a portable space heater.
- Never us an oven to heat your home.
- Remember to turn portable heaters off when leaving the home or going to bed.
- Make sure to have chimneys and heating equipment cleaned and inspected every year by a qualified professional.
- Test smoke and carbon monoxide detectors at least once every three months to ensure that they are working properly.