Cleaning our Local Police Station
AT SERVPRO we can help minimize the spread of germs with proactive cleaning! In effort to keep our local officers healthy, we volunteered our technicians to help out the West Whiteland Police department by cleaning and disinfecting their building and police cars. At SERVPRO of The Main Line, our technicians are trained to adhere to the highest cleaning and sanitization standards, making us the #1 choice for cleanup and restoration. We are prepared to clean and disinfect your home or business, according to protocols set forth by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. We have years of experience in dealing with biological contaminants, and we will go beyond the scope of work that regular janitorial staff perform on a daily basis. We can help minimize the spread of germs with proactive cleaning! Call us at (610) 640-9533.
Minimize Your Risk
Tips and Best Practices to Minimize Your Risk
Cities and states are taking increasingly drastic measures to curb the severity of the pandemic, including the closing of bars, restaurants, and public venues. In some areas, officials have issued “shelter in place” orders in order to compel residents to stay in their homes and limit movement. To further protect yourself, minimize your exposure with the following tips:
Practice Good Hygiene
- Clean hands with sanitizer and wash your hands frequently
- Avoid touching your face and cover coughs and sneezes
- Disinfect “high touch” surfaces like doorknobs, light switches, tables, doorknobs, and handrails regularly
- Increase ventilation by opening windows or adjusting air conditioning
At The Office
- Stop shaking hands – use other non-contact methods of greeting
- Use videoconferencing for meetings when possible
- When not possible, hold meetings in open, well-ventilated spaces
- Disinfect “high touch” surfaces like desks, keyboards, light switches, doorknobs, and telephones
- Consider adjusting or postponing large meetings or gatherings
Stay Home if...
- You are feeling sick
- You have a sick family member in their home
SERVPRO of The Main Line is Here to Help!
SERVPRO is Here to Help during this time of need
During this unprecedented time caused by the global pandemic of coronavirus, this is a reminder to our customers that we are specialists in cleaning services, and we adhere to the highest cleaning and sanitation standards.
We are prepared to clean and disinfect your home or business, according to protocols set forth by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. We have years of experience in dealing with biological contaminants, and we will go beyond the scope of work that regular janitorial staff perform on a daily basis.
The CDC encourages cleaning of high-touch surfaces such as counters, tabletops, doorknobs, light switches, bathroom fixtures, toilets, phones, keyboards, tablets and tables. Other spaces mentioned in the CDC’s guidance for commercial spaces include:
- Kitchen/Food Areas
- Retail Spaces
- Water Fountains
- Sales Counters
- Carpets and Rugs
- Stair Handrails
- Elevator Cars
- Playground Equipment
- Fitness Equipment
The CDC recommends usage of a labeled hospital-grade disinfectant with claims against similar pathogens to the coronavirus. Multiple products in the SERVPRO product line carry the EPA-approved emerging pathogens claims. While there is currently no product tested against this particular strain of the coronavirus, we are following all guidelines as provided by the CDC and local authorities.
Call Today for a Proactive Cleaning
If your home or business needs deep cleaning services, call the experts today – SERVPRO of The Main Line
Red Cross Month
Each year since 1943, during the month of March the President of the United States proclaims March to be “Red Cross Month.” March is a month that provides the Red Cross a chance to bring recognition to the work that they do and bring awareness to their many volunteering and donation opportunities. This opportunity is designed to encourage bringing out ones inner hero by promoting donating to the organization, giving blood, taking an educational class, or even volunteering opportunities. The overall goal of promoting March as a month of change is to bring awareness to your local community and bringing change to the lives of those around you.
Listed below are direct links to The Red Cross Website:
Does Bleach Kill Mold?
Clorox Bleach is a very well known bleach and has several uses through out a household. Listed below are some facts about the bleach to better understand its uses.
- Clorox Bleach is more useful for killing bacteria and viruses than for killing molds, parasites, and spores. The bleach kills the kinds of microorganisms found in sewer water, but it is not as lethal to any kind of microbe that travels through air.
- Clorox Bleach doesn't kill mold effectively at temperatures below 52 degrees F. Some species of mold, however, continue to grow even when the temperature is slightly below freezing.
- By the time you have black, inky blobs of mold, it's too late for Clorox. The active chemical in bleach does not break up the bio-film that glues mold into patches.
- Mixing Clorox with contaminated water greatly reduces its effectiveness for disinfecting walls, floors, and household surfaces. Any kind of formerly living matter in water can bind to Clorox so it can't disinfect anything else. It's important to mix Clorox with clean water.
- Clorox is more effective for disinfecting indoor surfaces than for disinfecting outdoor surfaces. Sunlight breaks down the active chemical that kills bacteria, viruses, and mold.
Emergency Supply Kit
In the event that a storm has occurred and your home has lost power, it is important to have a basic emergency supply kit that can be made quickly. It is vital to be prepared and have your own food, water, and additional supplies in enough quantity to last for at least 72 hours.
- A three day supply of non-perishable food items.
- A gallon of water per person per day for drinking and sanitation purposes (overall amount depends on how many people are in the home).
- A flashlight or two with extra batteries.
- Backup battery packs for electronics or cellphones.
- Extra blankets and clothing to fit the weather’s needs.
- A first aid kit.
- Fun games and activities to keep your time occupied until the power is back on.
The History Behind SERVPRO
In the beginning of 1967, SERVPRO was started as a painting and contracting type business where they first established the recognizable green and orange logos. Around 1969 SERVPRO then launched into franchising as a cleaning business. Years later in 1980, SERVPRO received its first ranking in the Entrepreneur Magazine’s Franchise 500, coming in at #103. With keeping their business in mind in 1988, SERVPRO relocated its corporate headquarters from Sacramento, California to Gallatin, Tennessee to place itself within 600 miles of 50 percent of the United States population. At the time of the relocation, SERVPRO consisted of 647 franchises. By the year 2003, SERVPRO began its streak with being ranked #1 in the Restoration Services category and years later in 2017 SERVPRO celebrated its 50th anniversary as a company. At this point in time, SERVPRO has over 1500 franchises in the United States and Canada that provide exponential service. Here at SERVPRO of The Main Line we specialize in cleanup and restoration services to make your fire, smoke, water, or mold damage “Like it never even happened.”
How to Prepare your Home for Storms
Getting your home prepared before a heavy rain storm or for the potential hurricane/ tropical storm is important for all homeowners to do. In the case of a storm, heavy rains can cause flooding and heavy winds can cause branches to break off trees or for objects outside a home such as furniture or flower pots to move around and cause damage to the property.
Prepare your home:
- Check your roof regularly to make sure that there are no loose shingles or leaks to ensure that it is in good condition.
- It is important to keep your homes gutters, downspouts, and drains free and clear of leaves and debris.
- Be sure to remove branches that are close to the home.
- Loose items around the home such as furniture, plant pots, or decorations need to be secured safely or brought inside.
Why SERVPRO of The Main Line
Here, at SERVPRO of the Main Line, we pride ourselves on our work ethic everyday on the job. As a company we make sure that every technician is well equipped with customer service and professionalism when they are dealing with a job. In addition to excellent service, our technicians are certified in water mitigation, mold remediation, fire restoration, and even pack outs and carpet cleaning. As a franchise we are independently owned, but are backed by the 1700 other franchise all over The United States if we are ever in need of more helping hands. SERVPRO of The Main Line is also able to provide help in the event of a storm cleanup such as flooding, a hurricane, or a cleanup after a tornado. Our goal is to have happy customers who are happy with the services that we have provided!
Most businesses don’t have the time to worry about the common wear and tear that gradually soils their offices. When grime, odor, and moisture challenges go beyond the scope of your regular cleaning staff that’s when you call SERVPRO of the Main Line. SERVPRO is available whether it is to remove an odor problem or deep cleaning flooring or carpets, you can CALL US AT (610)-640-9533.
SERVPRO of The Main line offers cleaning services ranging from cleaning carpets to removing bio hazard contaminants. We have specialized technicians that are trained to use the proper products and techniques to get your property or business back up and running. We specialize in the following:
Have Questions? Call Us today at (610) 640-9533